As many of you know, the big news is:
Food really hasn’t been too appealing so I haven’t been doing much cooking lately which is why there have not been any recipes on here in a while. Jake has been a real trooper but I am sure he is ready for my usual home cooked meals to come back in full swing (I am too!).
We haven’t been totally worthless though!
– I went to Las Vegas for a long weekend for a training (worst place for a pregnant lady – smells, cigarettes, and booze everywhere!) and when I came back my bedroom was in the living room!
– We keep plugging away on the yard. It is coming together and our blueberry plants look great! Already looking forwarding to reaping that harvest!
– This morning I Face Timed with Emily and as I was chatting heard loud bangs coming from Jake’s study. I guess he decided it was time to get rid of the pocket door and make a wall of it. There was a pocket door between the study and bathroom which both have doors out to the living room less than 1 inch apart. The pocket door really made very little sense but I didn’t see it leaving so soon. Leave that guy alone for 30 minutes and you will have a whole wall torn down. I was really hoping my bathroom reno was next! :S
– One of the highlights of the last month was spending a long weekend over Easter with my family in AZ. Surprisingly, Jake and I didn’t take one picture! We were too busy relaxing. I read The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult and it was so good! I couldn’t put it down. We spent a lot of time by the pool, eating, and doing a little bit of hiking. It is always great to see family, but so hard to leave.
– An update on my smoothie packets: they worked awesome! I especially loved the tropical one. It was so good. I think we are going to add a high power blender to our baby registry (is that weird – maybe I should ask for Christmas instead) so I will have an easier time pureeing baby food when the time comes and I can use it to make smoooother smooooothies.
– We are still on a Breaking Bad kick. OMG! I can’t stop watching it. I just don’t get how it can drag out for another 2.5 seasons!
– Finally, I have started to try and compile a list of baby things. For you mom and dads out there, what things couldn’t you live without?
Hope you are all enjoying spring weather!